- To process your order, serve you and keep you informed on the status of your order, we ask your name, email address, mailing address, credit card number, and credit card expiration date.
- It's only your email address we need to allow to access to the Jabberwocky newsletters or download facilities on software or plug-ins available on our site - to send you the information asked for.
- When you send in a customer review, although we ask for your email address you are free to advise us not to have your email address displayed with your review.
- To enter any of the contests or other promotional exercises we launch, you have to give us your name, address and email address - to identify and notify winners. When we have a third party collaborator on any such contest, promo or lucky buys etc., it's only your order number that goes out to the third-party. It's only the ultimate winners whose names and addresses are forwarded to the third party for notification. When you make an email entry into a sweepstakes or contest, we send your email entry to our supplier house assigned to collect entries. Once again your email address is conveyed to the outfit conducting the sweepstakes, only when you are the winner. In the case of a mail-in entry, the relevant information that comes with your entry is conveyed directly to the outfit conducting the sweepstakes or contest. We assure you that any additional information will not be released to a third party without your explicit clearance.
- We may study your purchases and site behaviour to recommend books, CDs, DVDs and other merchandise that could be of interest to you. We go on watching for trends in site use and customer choices to keep developing the landscape of the site.
- We would like to keep you informed about changes in the web site, fresh facilities and services and offers - and make the site an even better place for you. But if you think it a bother, you can visit Your Profile to change your preferences for each account or e-mail addresses we registered with us.
- To service a request that comes to us on an eCard, we need we need your e-mail addresses and the recipient's. bookstore.com is committed not to disclose or send promotional email to the recipient's address provided by you.
- We have special arrangements with a few companies seeking purchasing briefs on their customers who either visit the bookstore.com via links in the partner sites, or use the partner's credit card to make purchases on the bookstore.com site, often to earn points or benefits for purchases made on our site through links from a partner site. Such information is usually limited to the name and/or email address of the user and the amount of purchases made, and is provided strictly on condition that the partner companies have your consent, normally under membership or participation rules binding on you. You may however instruct the partner directly, if you choose to hold such information back, and withdraw from the special membership or rewards programmes offered by that company.
An eleborate, highly sophisticated encryption technology guards all the personal information you entrust us with, when placing an order, including your name, address and credit card number. A server beyond Internet access holds your credit card information under maximum security. Your credit card and billing information remain unreadable on their way to ordering system. Still if you are ever up against fraudulent charges, inform your credit card provider at once. If you are still held liable for any such fraudulant charges and it is established that you were in no way at fault for the unauthorised use of your credit card from purchases made at our site while using our secure server, bookstore.com will cover the entire liability for you, up to Rs 500.
A third-party financial institution is involved in the handling of credit card and oother transctions, and is given access to the credit card number and other relevant personal information for necessary verification and consequent processing. You have the option of using the phone to call in your credit card information and complete the purchase.
'Cookies' are small items of information your browser gathers on your computer's hard drive. Our site draws on these cookies to keep a tab on the movement of goods, on how customers use the site and their preferences and to store information you provided us once for use for long. They are a useful element in the service process, and help us improve and develop services and facilities. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. But you are free to reset yours to shut them out. You will still have no problem in ordering from bookstore.com using the Shopping cart.
We are sure you will not mind if we provide reliable, research-oriented developmental agencies aggregate statistics about our customers and their purchase trends, with no personally identified information whatsoever - and never credit card details. But if you object to such use of information provided by you, please click here and tell us. bookstore.com is however empowered to release account information when it believes in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, to honour the terms of any of its user agreement, or to protect the rights, property or safety of bookstore.com, its users or others.
Login to the website and click on My Profile. Out here you can edit personal information about yourself like Salutation, First Name, Address, City, Last Name, State, Email etc. You can also change your password.
bookstore.com is committed to protecting the privacy of young children and will not knowingly collect any personal information from or about a child under 18. We seek your active initiative to monitor your child's access to the internet and to our site to ensure that his/her privacy is well guarded.
You will be involved in the third parties' privacy policies once you click on a links and/or ad banners and step into third party websites, and bookstore.com cannot be responsible for the actions of third parties. It will be your interest to reach the posted privacy statement beforehand whenever you deal with another web site.